This recipe requires an ice-cream maker. For a recipe that DOES NOT REQUIRE AN ICE-CREAM MAKER click here.
This recipe makes a delicious, creamy ice-cream that can be adjusted to make different flavours. it is very easy and simple to make!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1½ cups whole milk
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
7 egg yolks
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
*you can add melted chocolate, flavoured syrups, chocolate chips, fruits or caramel to your mixture for added enjoyment!
- add the heavy whipping cream, whole milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt into a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar has dissolved, but don’t let the mixture simmer. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Add 1 cup of hot mixture to the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Pour egg mixture back into the pan and heat on a medium-low temperature (you do not want to cook the eggs!). Do not let mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture through a sieve and into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator over night.
- The next day, pour mixture into ice-cream maker.
- Once the mixture has thickened, enjoy immediately or freeze for future use!
This recipe perfectly compliments our pancake recipe or any other dessert.
For a dairy-free alternative to ice-cream, try this recipe: how to make coconut ice-cream