- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup xylitol (Alternatives: coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup)
- 1 cup almond milk (can use coconut milk, oat milk or rice milk as alternatives!)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat the eggs using an electric beater, whisk or blender, while adding the sweetener. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk (or alternative milk) and the coconut oil.
- Sift together the gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the egg mixture.
- Gradually stir in the remaining almond (or alternative) milk to form a smooth batter. Once the ingredients are well blended, stop stirring. Do not over-stir!
- Grease the frying pan with coconut oil.
- Pour mixture into the pan in small quantities (or according to how big you want your pancakes to be!)
- Start on a medium-high heat, and then turn the stove plate down to a low heat. You may need to adjust the heat with each new batch.
- Let the mixture cook on one side until the top starts to bubble, then flip it over with a spatula and let it cook until it’s a golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, berries, or our delicious home-made coconut ice-cream!